12:00 pm - 01:00 pmEvent Category:Click to Register
HHS Toastmasters Club in Downtown Chicago
Dept of Health and Human Services (4th floor)
233 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL, US
12:00 Sergeant-at-arms Call Meeting to Order
12:10 Toastmaster Introduces the General Evaluator
12:11 General Evaluator Introduces the Team
12:15 Toastmaster Introduces Speakers (5-7 mins./ speech)
*There are usually 2-3 prepared speeches
12:30 Table Topic Master Conduct Impromptu Speech Session
*Everyone has an opportunity to practice impromptu speech
12:41 General Evaluator Calls for Report
• Speech Evaluations for Speaker
• Timer Report
• Ah-Counter/ Grammarian Report
• General Evaluator Report
12:58 Adjourn Meeting
Come discover how you can improve your communication and leadership skills and grow your professional network in a fun and friendly environment.
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that helps individuals to hone their public speaking and leadership skills in a supportive, no pressure atmosphere. www.Toastmasters.org (http://www.toastmasters.org/)
There are a few things that you will need to know:
1. You will need to be registered with building security, so if you haven’t already done so please RSVP and provide your first and last name.
Guests are always welcome so please bring a colleague or a friend; however, you will need to provided the guest’s name so that it can be added to the security list.
2. Security will ask you for a picture id. (Please bring your driver’s license or state ID).
3. The meeting starts promptly at 12:00 p.m. so please plan to arrive by 11:45 a.m. to complete the security process and to meet and greet HHS Toastmasters members and other guests!
For more information, please contact: Lauren Eiten, President ([masked])
For more information about our club please visit: HHS Toastmasters (http://hhstoastmasters.toastmastersclubs.org/)